What does our API do?
Our email verification API can be used to check email addresses in real-time. We don’t just check syntax and domain, we also check that the user mailbox is available. This is the only way to know for sure if an email address is valid.
Possible applications for the email verification API
- If you operate a lead generation web site, blog or forum make it harder for users to sign up with false emails.
- For e-commerce checkouts, make sure customers receive their order notifications by preventing invalid emails from being entered.
- If your call center takes email addresses as part of the customer contact data, real-time verification can greatly reduce the amount of incorrectly keyed emailed addresses.
- For software vendors where email addresses are captured as part of the on-boarding process, integrate full email verification as a value-add for your service.
- With Email-Checker, there is no need any more to take incorrect email addresses and wait for them to bounce!
What you get:
No more “fat finger” syndrome! Our API has an optional feature to remove certain invalid characters such as spaces, slashes etc.
Common typo handling
We’ll also search for common typos and suggest alternatives. E.g. email@example.com is more likely to be firstname.lastname@example.org so we’ll validate what the user has entered, but provide you with the more likely alternative suggestion too.
Use with client side authentication if required
Authentication with the API is performed by either:
- License key. License key authentication is best for situations where simplicity is required and you can keep the key private. An ideal use case for key authentication would be for server based apps calling our RESTful API.
What makes us different?
We’ve gone further with our API than any other provider. Here are some unique benefits :-
- We’ve got Yahoo covered. Period! No other provider can match the accuracy of our Yahoo results.
- Our domain based authentication version allows you to fully utilize our email verification API within your client side code (jQuery etc.) to provide a fast real-time response to the user without refreshing the page, and without exposing your API key.
- Our correction and suggestion features will really help your user experience and conversions.
- Out of the box integrations – ask us about our WordPress and Magento modules. If you wish to integrate another third party solution, just let us know!
How much does it cost?
We have a very simple, highly competitive fee structure, being a fixed monthly amount based on average monthly validations. The pricing starts at $99 per month for up to 15,000 monthly validations. For usage above your monthly quota we have a flat “overages” charge of $0.005 per validation request.
Click here to view our pricing.